FREE DELIVERY FOR ORDERS OVER R400!
April 03, 2018
With Summer fading fast and the cooler weather upon us - it is time to pack away the sandals and shorts and unpack scarves and jackets! Plus we need a warmer environment as well as a change in our skincare routine because with the drier environment we essentially dehydrate our skin.
Humidity levels tend to drop off in the autumn and winter months. The drier the air, the more moisture it sucks from your skin, so you're more likely to experience dryness and flakiness during the colder months of the year, especially if you're prone to eczema or other dry skin conditions.
Ideally, you want to amp up your skincare routine as the season changes and swap your summer products for richer, more nourishing autumn/winter alternatives. "Just as you change your clothes with changing temperatures you should do the same with your skincare," says top dermatologist Dr Nick Lowe of London's Cranley Clinic. "You need to switch up your lightweight summer moisturizer to a more heavy duty face cream."
During the colder months the humidity decreases and our use of central heating increases – both serve to dry out skin – so stick with your usual cleansing methods but remember to avoid harsh, cleansing products which can dehydrate skin.
Here are 7 tips to consider trying as the seasons change:
1) Micellar Water - more gentle on the skin, less abrasive and can be hydrating
2) Try looking for a foundation that HAS SPF (minimum of SPF 15) or good protective levels of UVA. Another option is look for a primer that has SPF in it which you can use under your foundation.
3) Apply a rich night moisturizing repair cream. Look for creams full of antioxidants, as nighttime is the best time to repair the skin.
4) Add oil drops to your night cream to give your skin an added boost.
5) Use Hyaluronic Acid products in your routine - assists with keeping your skin hydrated - literally holds the water in your skin.
6) Skin can look a little on the dull side during the change of season so add Illuminating products to your foundation. This will give your skin a radiant dewy glow making it look healthy and fresh.
7) BLUSHER!!! for brightening your look with makeup is to switch to a rosy-colored blush, it works wonders…
We put our products together in this photo so you can see what we offer you going into Winter:
Comments will be approved before showing up.
June 23, 2019
June 10, 2019
May 29, 2019