You can spend 100s and 100s of monies on makeup but....if you aren't taking it all off you are damaging your skin.
The skin renews itself whilst you sleep, and when you leave makeup on, you are preventing that from happening. The skin stops breathing and sadly fatigue signs will soon appear.
As most makeup is made from oily substances; when it stays on for the next day, it clogs your pores and leads to the appearance of more acne and blackhead breakouts.
That’s why it is important to use a makeup remover before going to bed, and then moisturizing your face to help your skin breathe right.
Find a Makeup remover that:
- washes away cosmetics, impurities and dirt from the surface of your skin, which could lead to irritation or cause your skin to age more rapidly.
- reduces the risk of developing pimples, redness, blackheads and other types of blemishes.
- promotes cellular renewal by eliminating dead skin.
- stimulates skin’s microcirculation due to the massage action.
- lets your skin breathe.
Step-by-step makeup removal
• Wash your hands well.
• Pour a small quantity of makeup remover, micellar water or facial cleanser onto a cotton pad. Of course, some products can be applied directly to wet skin, without requiring the use of a pad.
• Sweep the cotton pad over your face; or lather the product with your fingers (in the case of cleansers applied directly to skin). Avoid harsh rubbing.
• Repeat until your cotton pad comes up free of all makeup and impurities.
• Take a clean, soft facecloth, rinse it under hot water and use it to wipe away any residual product from your face.
• End by applying toner with a cotton pad to top off the cleansing, restore your skin’s pH balance and prepare it for moisturizer.
Some extra information!
Because the skin around the eyes is particularly thin and sensitive, always use a product that has been created especially for this area of the face. It will eliminate makeup without your having to tug at your thin skin areas. If you use waterproof mascara, you will need an oil-based eye makeup remover (the 2 phase from Hean will work here).